Sunday, August 26, 2007

More and Better Fundraising

I don't know much about Darcy Burner. But I know what I like:


That's good stuff to hear. She was saying it at the right time, too. And the right people seem to be genuinely fond of her. For what it's worth, I think she sounds like exactly the kind of Democrat that the party and the country needs. And it seems as though the progressive blogosphere is trying to make that happen. Well, when called upon by my ideological overlords, let it not be said that I didn't answer the call. My own corner of the web might be small and unimportant, my contribution insignificant, but along with thousands of others is the beauty of it all.

Here's the deal. Mrs. Burner, a former executive at Microsoft, is running for Congress from Washington. In 2006 she narrowly lost in what was considered a rotten burough for the Republicans. She's running again this year. Her opponent is holding a fundraiser on the 27th with President Bush. And, well, here's the response:



The goal is to raise $100k off the net to blunt that $10k a plate fundraiser, to show the netroots are a force in fundraising, and to force the Republicans to waste time and effort defending their seat in an expensive battle. I'm not exactly rolling in money at the moment, but I've sent in what I can. If you'd like, you can, too.

No comments: