Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting Ready For Guild Wars: Why You Post So Much, Boss Man?

Boy that's a lot of posts I put up yesterday. And while I'm preternaturally verbose, even I'm staggered by the sheer volume. Guild Wars tends to do that to me, though. There's just so much to write and say that even if I sat and typed for days on end, I'd never get to the end of it. Too much free time, not enough work, and some typing classes and, well, I come from the land of the long posts.


I can't, however, boast too much about the outpost since most of those posts were written well before they were published. I've been tinkering with the site's innards somewhat this month and I somehow managed to break it. Or at least my ability to remotely send posts to be published to it (I use a separate program to write and edit these posts, then press a button to have it appear on the site automatically. It's crappy and I hate it which is why I'm not going to mention what it is exactly. But I just don't like dealing with the posting text box that Blogger itself has.). Those posts got eaten up by the error and never showed up, much to my surprise when I happened to check the site days later. So, I republished them. Or, at least, all the ones that I felt I needed to in order to create the proper narrative bringing me to the point of opening with the Sneak Preview. That's why those posts are all lumped together. I've been working on this “Getting Ready for Guild Wars” thing all weak, but the results only went in the wee hours of last night. It probably doesn't matter, but I just wanted to clarify in case it confused anyone.


But, at this point, I'm no longer communicating from a past that's faded away. The timeline has caught up with me and I should be ready to get going with the actual GW:EN content. Just as soon as I can get to a computer that can play it, of course.

No comments: