Thursday, August 9, 2007

Emigrating to the Land of Nod

I'll admit, I haven't gotten much done with the script tonight. Just really tired and struggling to find a good way to get into it (I mean, the trick would be to start. That usually works wonders. But I'd also like the words I've typed to make sense when I look at it tomorrow.).

But my production has also been slowed because of the vermin infestation. A short while ago, a mouse ran right across my chair and onto my computer desk. I was a bit non-plussed since I don't own any mice and, then, I realized holy shit there was a mouse about to crawl right on my fucking hand! I don't know where the thing came from but I do know that it's an uninvited guest in my house - back when the roof was rotting and there were wild animals scratching in the attic through the night my worst fear was that one would get down into the living areas. And now, well, at least a mouse isn't as large as a raccoon. But it's still unsettling because who knows what kind of germs that thing has been spreading or what it's been chewing. I spent a few hours looking for it - opening closets, peering under beds with a flashlight, clearing the floors so there was no where to hide - to no avail. Until I sat down and started to write again when it decides to dash right across the floor in front of me. I've swept the place again and still no luck. I'm going to have to lay down some traps. But first I'll have to get some. It'll have to wait until tomorrow though.

I'm tired and I've breathed in more dust than is healthy for one night. I'm going to bed. If I can sleep with my head full visions of a mouse running across my slumbering face in the middle of the night, that is.

Before I go, though, I thought I'd share this. A timeline of FUs in handy flash form.






Found via Yglesias. If you follow the link you'll see me in the comments making a fool of myself. I'm very sick and I need help because I honestly don't know why I do things like that...

No comments: