Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting Ready For Guild Wars: New Update

Had to sign the EULA all over again which is weird. Makes me wonder what they had to change in it. Don't see any major changes, looks like there's been a switch to the Gladiator track although I don't know what exactly. From what I gather some sorely needed fixes to common problems are finally being implemented (Although I'm pretty much against the idea of punishing people for leaving a team early. The thing is you need to have incentives for staying, not to screw people over because their teammates happened to be a pack of retards or bigots that they can't stand to play with. Or if I'm dicking about in the RA, say, and called away to something bigger and better. It's supposed to be casual.). but a quick perusal through the wikis reveals this little gem:


Typing a sentence with WTS or WTB is filtered into Trade Chat and is going through the party search function while others starting


All I can say is why didn't someone think of this years ago? And that chat filter's probably already been circumvented. You just can't win with them, they only staunch the bleeding. There's chat spam because people want to trade and the in-game system for doing so is extremely clunky. It's annoying and makes people like me shut off the chat window but there's nothing you can really do about it without some kind of GM enforcement that's a non-starter. I mean, you could always put in an auction house but what are the odds that's going to happen?

No comments: