Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Script Frenzy: Update the Seventh

Bearing down on storyarc number four, the pivotal lead-up to and confrontation with the villain my hero has absolutely no hope against. It's a lot of fun, really, since I get to build her first and then have her crash headlong into the plot. Lot of foreshadowing going on. Lot of establishing her as a force to be reckoned with.

Lot of writing left to do.

In the brief spare time I've had I've managed to sketch out the next arc, figuring out what plot points from my vague outline are going to go where, which scenes I'm going to have to write, which ones I'm going to have to knuckle down and get done because they're going to be pains, which others are going to be a laughable delight to pad my page count (Ha, yeah, right.). And, unfortunately, based on my experience with the previous issues and the amount of space I've had to devote to each so far, I've discovered that I drastically undershot my issue count. I have enough material not for another six issues but two double sized issues and a few more additional besides.

In other words, at this point, I need to write an issue a day just to get through to the end.

If everything goes right.

Which isn't going to happen.

But, yes, I'm going to keep on keeping on. I'm past the point of caring about winning this thing, my page count is already overflowing. I'm past the point of wanting to do it justice because that meter is filled with page after page of solid stuff. I want this story done. I want it out of my head and down on the paper where it belongs. Trapped, flawed, torn and ripped to disfigured shreds like a beautiful butterfly pinned to a board or a struggling ant trapped in amber. But still fixed in place. A time, a moment, an accomplishment.

Frenzy? You might be flickering off but that just means it's time to refresh. Screw the double damage, the fires are burning fever hot and I'm about to go balls deep. Because it's now time for that final sprint and I refuse to toggle!

No comments: