Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Script Frenzy: Update the Ninth

I am dead tired now. But I have just written an issue which features an homage to the battle between Daredevil and the Sub-Mariner from Daredevil #7. God damn, I love the Frenzy.

And, yes, I am one of the 459 enjoying life in the winner's circle. I validated some time yesterday after finally figuring out how to convert from Celtx to a scrambled Open text and finally to a PDF (You have to input a PDF to the mystical counting device, instructions are right there in the profile - I used Freepdfconvert which worked quickly and painlessly in my browser. The scrambling is optional but, well, I'm paranoid so I went and did it anyway - hard to do in Celtx so I switched over to OpenOffice and did that whole wildcard replacement dealy.). Even though I'm not quite done gathered up enough to cross the finish line and put the official stamp on it - as expected, my page count was much higher than the number of pages in the issues I submitted. It was one of those "You just know that if I don't do this my computer is going to explode and I'm going to lose everything." things.

Anyhow, as I said I'm not quite ready to kick back and enjoy the highlife just yet. Not even to the point of blocking everything out - still a few issues left to hack into shape. But there are still a few hours left in the month and I'm going to keep typing to the biter end. Going to get some rest now, wake up in the morning, and see just how much of a dent I can put in the rest of my maxi-series before the final bell sounds.

And then? Then we will sleep the sleep of the just. And the very, very tired.

So, yeah, expect things to be spotty around here for at least a little while longer. Crunch time is almost over but I think I'm going to need at least a day or two to recover.

No comments: