Friday, April 18, 2008

NHL Blogging: That Funny Feeling Again

Sigh, the Wings are tied 2-2 with the Preds again. This is what happened last year when they managed to rattle off two wins in a row and close out the series. And, really, it's still their series to lose.

But, well, it's hard not to feel that acrid twinge of nervousness deep in my stomach. If not about this series then their continued success down the line. And the reason is the same concern that I've had with the team all year long - goaltending.

Tonight, it's going to be Osgood in goal. And that's good because Hasek hasn't looking very impressive so far. Either way, the backstop requires the team to play well in front of him and that hasn't been happening, either. So, I'll be watching but I'm going to have my eyes closed becuase I'm sure it's going to be a roller coaster ride.

No comments: