Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Went traveling - unexpectedly as is my want - for the holiday but I'm back now. However, I don't think I'm going to be getting in much blogging as I'm going into lock down mode to prepare for the coming Frenzy. I'm not quite sure what I'll be doing just yet, but I have a selection of ideas to choose from. I know I probably shouldn't wait until the last minute but nothing's really jumped out at m as an amazing idea. I want to have an idea (or two) outlined out in advance so I'm hopefully going to be spending the next few days doing just that.

As for the Pistons game tonight, well, it's 2-2 so it's not quite panic time. That comes if they drop Game 5 again. I'm till convinced that, over a seven game series, the Pistons should beat the Cavaliers, if only because they have the homecourt advantage. Tonight was a game they could have had - and so was the 3rd (I knew they lost that one as soon as I saw the ref was Dick Baveta.) - since they were close at the end. But it was also one where they got consistently outplayed. Billups finally had a good game and, unlike Game 3, so did Hamilton. However, it seems like 'Sheed who I think is the key player for the Pistons this series, didn't have a very good game. And, at this point, I've gone from thinking that the Pistons are sputtering on offense because of their lack of focus to thinking that I underestimated the Cavaliers defense...combined with the Pistons going to sleep a bit. With the Cavs having the home town advantage, and LeBron turning in another great game, it's easy to see why they lost. And, from what I can see, beyond the monster 3rd quarter, there's not much positive to take from this one for the Pistons. They've been getting outplayed these past two games. Hopefully, they'll turn it around next game but it's going to be another close one.

No comments: