Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cheeto Days, Wasted Nights

Blargh. In the immortal words of Bruce McCulloch, “Some days you just want to lay in bed, eat Cheetos, and masturbate.”


It's been one of those days. I don't think I'm doing much productive, I don't think I'm doing anything much of quality, I'm reaching just for the simple things, and, honestly, I don't know why I bother. I'm just...tired even though i haven't particularly exerted myself. That's either a good sign because getting sick of myself usually happens before I break out of a funk. Or a bad one because this particular funk has lingering. And I really don't need another slide into deepest, darkest depression-ville, thank you very much. Really can't afford the therapy right now.


Still, nothing to do but put one foot in front of the other and hope the days ahead are brighter. Maybe stopping all the navel gazing I've been doing lately might help.


Anyhow, as I watch this the Suns are up massively on the Spurs. Which, as I said earlier, I'm not all that surprised about. The Suns are good even without Stoudemire and Diaw. And that mad adrenaline rush counts for a lot, even at the level.


I'm, of course, still crushed by the Pistons loss the other night (The Wings victory on the other hand, combined with the suspension of Pronger has me thinking Finals. That sucks, actually, because it means I have to keep my sympathetic playoff beard going even longer. It's too damn warm out for that kind of thing.). Just typical Pistons. They're better than they played but they keep pissing away these chances to close out the series and it's going to cost them. It looked like they were going to breeze past Orlando, then Chicago, then New Jersey and arrive in the Finals relatively rested while whoever came out of the West was going to be put through two tough series with the Suns/Spear and Utah looming (I don't give them much of a chance but I figured that one of the second tier Western teams was ripe to heat up and put in a good run in the playoffs. I figured it was going to be Houston because of the McGrady redemption factor along with a healthy Yao. But Utah has Boozer, and Okur – he was awesome on the Pistons bench and I was sad to see him go but, you know, it's a business – and it seems like AK-47 has finally shaken off whatever's been holding him back the past season or so. They're a good, solid team that'll give the Suns/Spurs winner some problems.). But it looks like they're playing from last year's playbook where they let Cleveland hang around and it cost them the Miami series. I really hope they can pull out a win in Game 6. What's giving me hope right now is that the Bulls shot, as a team, something like 60 percent from the field the other night. They blew the Pistons out, of course, but they're not likely to shoot quite that well again. You wouldn't have thought a 3-0 series would have some drama but, hey, that's the Pistons for you.


Anyhow, time to find a script and get some reading done. It's almost the half of the Suns/Spurs game and while San Antonio has closed the gap, Phoenix still has a good lead. I think it's safe to switch over for Daily Show/Colbert time.

No comments: