Sunday, May 20, 2007

Red Wings Lose Game 5

I am sad now.


Basically, all the things I said earlier about the team doing all the right things and not winning is how the Wings lost this game. Things were going fine, they had a slim one goal lead, they had plenty of chances but just couldn't bury one, but it was okay because the game was winding down and the Ducks weren't doing much of anything. The Red Wings were again, carrying the play, rolling more lines, and generally being the better team. Then, all of a sudden, penalty in the last two minutes, the Ducks pull Guigere for the extra attacker, and the Wings can't clear the zone at all. I watched with a sick fascination because it was only a matter of time before they found the back of the net. Head to overtime and the Wings, again, were just doing all the little things, getting their scoring chances and, sure enough, bad giveaway, some Ducks pressure, Selanne steals the puck, and game over.


Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the Ducks? I'm going to go drown my sorrows now.

No comments: