Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Am Both Happy and Sad

Finally rolling back into town after my trip to the homelands for Mother's Day. Not having a job or a class at the moment meant I was free to take the scenic route. We didn't do much since all of the family's varied and sundry mothers were content to spend the day relaxing rather than summoning a gathering of the clan. Mostly, we helped my mother with some housework. My brother had the outside while I took the inside and wound up cleaning out the garage.


Part of my gift to my mother was an automatic shower cleaner (I know. But she asked for it. You think that's bad, you should have seen the salesperson's reaction the year she asked for a vacuum cleaner) which, from all reports, is pretty cool. I might have to get one myself and see if it actually works. It's not supposed to eliminate regular cleaning but just making it easier would be worth it, if you ask me. Especially if you just have to push a button as you're stepping out of the shower.


Quick summary of tonight's Detroit playoff games:


Pistons – frowny face.

Red Wings – smiley face.


So, yes, the Wings have crushed Annaheim (there's still a bit to go in the game at this point and, yes, anything can happen but the game was all but over once they took that four goal lead. It's only the final margin to be decided.) and the Pistons have lost to the Bulls, as I (belatedly) predicted. As I said, good for the Wings. And the Bulls now have me chewing at my finger nails. It's not so much that they're playing better as it is that the Pistons seem to have lost whatever sense of desperation or purpose that propelled them in those first two games in favor of the lackadaisical confidence they displayed in Game Three. They have to come out and drop kick the Bulls next game or else I foresee bad things.


Oh, and since I'm GW blogging again, I'll note that the last skill rebalancing happened over a month ago, now. It's like I have to be playing in order for them to happen, I guess.


Anyhow, I'm off to get a nice, cool, tasty beverage and curl up with the script for the Big Lebowski. Or at least as much of it as I can get through before I nod off.

No comments: