Friday, May 4, 2007

Auk, I'm Bad At This

I know, I know, I'm a horrible blogger. Missed yesterday in favor of heading out to watch the Golden State/Dallas game. Which turned out to be awesome. I'd been driving the "there's no way the Warriors lose in Oakland" line into the ground so about midway through the first quarter one of my buddies turns to me and goes, "Sure there is, when Baron Davis goes out of the series with an injury." Ouch. He played through it but it was pretty obvious he wasn't the same. Still, even without Davis the Warriors managed to beat the vaunted Mavericks. Just amazing.

Also caught most of Utah beating Houston. I thought Utah was a pretty good team but if the beautifully nicknamed AK-47 returns to the form of seasons past then they're really scary. Still, like the East, the presumptive final is going to be the other series - whoever comes out of the other match, Houston, Utah, or Golden State, is going to have trouble for one reason or another getting past the Spurs or Suns.

Otherwise, I've been caught up trying to prepare for the Script Frenzy. The boards aren't quite as lively as they were during the NaNo but I imagine once June gets started they'll liven up. Still some nice finds there, like this club for NaNoers. But I've been trying to do writing exercises and to otherwise get my mental pen moving which cuts into my blog writing time, as you might imagine. My mystery project is starting to shape up and I just might go ahead with it, if only for the practice.

Anyhow, there's nothing for tonight because I'm about to head out again. People might think I'm being lazy but those people haven't looked outside my window lately. It's just gorgeous outside and I don't want to stay cooped up. Later.

No comments: