Thursday, May 31, 2007

Not Using My Full Ass Yet

Well, my sister certainly got her money's worth. Thanks to a friend who's still in school, she got a sweet deal, too. Can you believe she only paid 40 bucks for her seat tonight? Nosebleed, but still.


That was the game that would never end. I literally couldn't watch at points. Good for my productivity. Bad for my nerves. They really were the Cleveland LeBrons by the end there. Still pissed off by the ending. That's pretty much the series as far as I'm concerned.


So, I was flipping through the channels during halftime. And I saw the national spelling bee telecast on ABC of all places. Now, I know the spelling bee's been broadcast before but not on national television. And, moreover, tonight's game was on ESPN which is owned by the same parent company that owns ABC. So, that means that, somewhere along the line, whoever decides on programming for the network decided that showing the spelling bee was going to be a bigger draw than Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final and stuck the basketball on cable. That can't make David Stern happy. On the other hand, once I saw the spelling bee, I was captivated by it. At least for a little while and I'm a dyed in the wool Pistons fan. If I wasn't a nervous wreck about my Pistons I probably would have watched it. So, maybe there the programmers had the right idea after all.


Anyhow, tomorrow starts the Frenzy. I suppose I could stay up tonight and start hacking away at it, but instead, I think I'm going to get a decent night's sleep and get into it tomorrow. Slow and steady. That's my plan. That's not what's going to happen and I'm sure by the 30th I'll have pulled more than a few all-nighters. But I'm hoping to go at this in a much less half-assed manner than NaNo. I intend to use my full ass.


I'm not sure exactly how the blogging will go this month. I'm going to try and stay on the wagon here. I know I've been hit or miss lately but I've also been building up a steady reserve of posts or at least half-posts that I can use to fill in the gaps on quieter days. Just stuff I didn't have the time or inclination to finish lately, I've tucked aside for future use instead of forcing myself to finish them off. Hopefully those'll carry me through any dry stretches. I've done some tiddying up around this place, set some things in order but, well, if I disappear for days at a time, you'll know what I'm doing.

No comments: