Friday, May 18, 2007

Fuck a Duck

I hate the Mighty Ducks. Hate that they think calling themselves just the “Ducks” now makes people forget they were named after a movie. I hate Emilio Estevez. And I hate lame Bad New Bears ripoffs. Oh, and Disney, I hate Disney, too. Hated the cartoon. Never a big fan of their uniforms, either. The old school eggplant purple ones or whatever Vancouverish swooshy nightmare they're wearing now.


I'm just saying.


So, yes, the Wings game was really annoying to watch tonight, thank you very much. So much for Pronger being out – guess the “lost a star player” factor that almost but didn't quite work for the Suns (Still say that suspension was bogus.) worked for the Fantastic Fouls.


Ah well, at least the Pistons won. Not much to say about that game because I was half-watching it while nervously finding ways to keep busy. From what I did see, it was the kind of close, tight game I was expecting going into the series. Now, it's off to the Conference Finals again and, likely, to the Finals beyond. I don't expect the Pistons to make it easy on my nerves but neither Cleveland or New Jersey can hang with them for long. If, of course, they show up to play.


This is probably only of interest to other people that have a blog but I'm liking the new auto-save feature Blogger put in today. It's supposedly going to save a draft of any post for you so you don't lose any posts to crashes or whatever. I haven't found much use for it yet but since I tend to write my posts in another program entirely (Which also, by the way, helps to explain why I tend to post in lumps. I write them up, edit them, and then move them over to a browser en mass even though I work on them throughout the day/night.) because I want to redundantly archive them and because I've lost way too many forum posts and e-mails over the years to one untimely glitch or another, it's nice to have around. What I don't like, however, is that they've moved the position of the buttons around. I have no proof but I swear the "Publish" button was on the right while the "Save as Draft" was on the left. I've nearly saved a post instead of publishing it several times now because, after 500 odd posts, it's almost a reflex click. Oh well, I've been meaning to tinker around with Greasemonkey some more and this seems to be something it's tailor made for.


Tomorrow, though.


For now?


Tonight's script: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Too weird to live and too rare to die sounds about right for tonight. I'm in bat country, after all.


No comments: