Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It's Good To Be The King?

Ah, feels good to be back. I'm pretty sure there aren't many people who could churn out 6k and still consider it a light day of blogging but, well, there it is. On the plus side, my obsessing about word counts means that the my blood is all angried up for the Frenzy. And, oh my god, if you think I'm not going to be posting a gigantic thread about the mechanics of Frenzy and IASes once those boards go live then you really don't know me very well.

Ahem, yes, site's still not up yet. And I'm a bit pumped since I just watched the last seconds of the GS/Dallas game. Man, that was a hell of a comeback by the Warriors and they very nearly managed to pull it off. But the series is headed back to Oakland for what's sure to be fan-demonium.

Anyhow, one consequence of my sabbatical was missing a bunch of my math class. I've been laid up with back problems all day (Feeling better now but, man, you don't realize how important standing is until you can't do it anymore.) but I've got a test tomorrow to study for and I'm so unprepared it's not even funny. This is likely the last test before the final and we're apparently going to be racing through the material now. Fun.

However, enrolling in he local community college has its advantages. They had a Job Fair tonight, for example, and with my current employment status I figured I had nothing to lose in attending. Been a while but, you know, beggars can't be choosers and all that. Can't say it went amazingly well with my walking out the door once again a productive member of society but I gave out some resumes, got some business cards, and maybe something will come of it.

Tomorrow? Well, I'm hoping to talk about my brother's graduation. We were treated to a speech by Mr. Clinton, for one. Also, I'm set to relate what I like to call the "Girl Scout Cookie Theory of Game Design".

No comments: