Thursday, November 30, 2006

Whoa, look at the time

Promised myself I'd go to bed early tonight because, seriously, I need to sleep a bit. But I think it's not going to happen any time soon. I know I don't have anything to show for my day's effort here - trust me, it's coming, just be patient - because I took it easy today but I wrote a lot and I've still got lots to say and plenty of people to play with again.

You see, I'm still in the rapturous moment of having finished my novel. But my hellish month of hard work is finally over. Yeah, NaNo ends tonight - for this year anyway - and it's a sad/scary/sweet time but I FREAKING DID IT! For once, anyway. So I've been trying to hang around and encourage everyone else because I don't want this feeling to end any time soon. And, you know, I don' think it is. I found someone(s) to race against next year so I have to get in serious training because, man, you think I can spit out words? People have written 50k in a day. These cats leave me in the dust. I don't care if I win or lose, mind, but I'm going to give them a good race. So I'm going to keep practicing and getting better because I just love getting the high score. Even if I only help someone else get there. And, who knows? Maybe I can even write something that gets published - for once - or at least meet some more new friends along the way. I have to think of a suitable tribute to the people behind that fine idea of the insane deadline crunch - I'm not sure yet but I think I know just what to get them. Nothing at all, I'm going to pass it all along to the next person in line for the ride, so to speak. I'm pretty broke so I can't spare a dime at the moment but what I can spare is my effort and so I'm just going to hang there and see what I can do to help out for as long as they'll have me. I'm down to run for the next several years at the very least.

Bad news, though, in that the roof to my house has practically rotted out. It was shingled less than 10 years ago but those roofers say the damage is to the boards underneath and they're not liable at all. An assertation of fact I take some exception to. So now I'm going to have to hunt down a new contractor to do the repairs before it starts to snow (which is, like, tomorrow) and ruins the house further, possibly file some sort of complaint against the previous workers, and probably research the hell out of what it takes into putting up a roof so I can know if I'm getting dicked around or not. That's just going to eat up all my time tomorrow I'm sure.

Also, I've decided against jumping back into the Guild Wars madhouse again - for now. Instead, I'm going to cruise around AutoAssault for a while. So, yeah, yet more time gone to the vidiot box. But hey, I'm giving myself a carrot for staying awake and aware for so long.

Outlook: Fantastic! I'm giving it away and plenty of people are taking me up on my offers. A little positive feedback is all I need to keep my legs churning for just a little while longer.

[1] - I can't even see the clock, my lids are so droopy. I'm going to say 15, give or take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found you! I will be checking this thing out. I may even get myself a Blogger account to comment on your blog. :)

Soluna

Sausaletus Rex said...

Blogger accounts are incredibly easy to get. If you already have another Google account, such as for g-mail, then you already have one. If not it's, like, five fields to fill out. As an added bonus it amazingly increases the odds you'll start a blog one day - of course, I think Soluna's already figured that one out. Worked for me, anyway. So, yeah, definitely get one if you haven't already.