Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sing to me of the Body Electric!

Whitman. You go clicky now. You go ready then.

Back? Okay, then, let’s review yet again.

Been getting more than a bit maudlin lately but, well, let’s hope that’s out of my system. Today was just a whirlpool of emotions – up and down and round and round we go. Did some good. Did some bad. Did something just to do anything but sit down and let things crash down onto me. Cried a little for the first time in I can’t even remember how long. Smiled harder than I have in even longer. Words failed me. Just an emotional trainwreck, in so many words.

Yet, tomorrow’s the big game. Seems bigger and smaller than ever before now. And, well, I’m feeling pretty confident. In a lot of ways. Predictions for tomorrow: Any kind of homefield advantage for OSU has just been nullified, this match is back to at least a heads-up match on a neutral field if not tilting in UofM’s advantage. The spirit of Schembechler will prowl along the sidelines – and don’t think Carr’s not going to use it. Smashmouth! Three yards and a cloud of dust! They’re going to need an elephant gun to bring Hart down before he chews up four or five yards a carry. Defense wins championships and, well, I trust the Michigan defense just a little bit more – especially against the run – than I do OSU’s. I could get more detailed but I’ll leave the heavy analysis to the statheads. Michigan in a squeaker – touchdown or less. Oh man, this is going to be a game for the ages. And it could be just to set up a potential rematch!

In case you couldn’t tell most of tomorrow is going to be spent preparing, watching, and recovering from the game. I’m not saying I’m going to post up nothing, of course – I have a post on New X-Men #32 that’s just waiting for a friend to slip me a copy, for example - just that I’m going to be a mite preoccupied. However, the nice thing about my blog machine is that I can log into my account from anywhere. So, if the game turns a bit tense I might just swipe a laptop or something and type away my nerves. Been working so far. Then again, I might just have to run half-naked through the streets holding something flaming as I get a bit…tribal. So, upcoming: absoltely no clue. I am high on emotion, again.

Outlook: I have become emo destroyer of young. Oh ye pagan viking gods strike me down now!

















That one cracks me up every time. Also, think I'm getting much better at tossing an image up. My google fu continues to improve, methinks.

[1] – 20 minutes. But I did have to hunt through my hard drives for that pic, so I’ll take it.

No comments: