Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I'm still churning out dreck. Oh, I'm getting a lot done lately just not so much with the putting one word after another kind of thing. Just stacks and stacks of things I'd like to talk about - to say nothing of, you know, that novel that's getting typed but not getting written - but I can't quite express them properly. The tiny typewriter in my head is broken somehow and I'm not sure how to reboot it at this point. It's not quite writer's block though it is somewhat similar - I'll start something and look back and go, "Man, that is just horrible" or "Wait, where was I going with this exactly?" Writing, well, much of anything at this point is like chiseling a statue out of a block of granite. With my teeth. And about half as much fun as that sounds. I dunno, maybe I'm just trying to force things too much at this point.

So, anyhow, what with all the cooking and traveling I’ll be doing in the next day or so, I think I’ll be taking a break from extensive blogging tomorrow. And, obviously, Thanksgiving as well. Just a quick vacation so that I'm rested and recharged - again - for the weekend when I'll take another headlong run at things. So, I wouldn't expect much from me tomorrow beyond maybe some recipes (Oh, they've got me cooking desert this year. *rubs hands and cackles* This is going to be fun.) and the like. At least until I get my head on straight.

Outlook: Headed to the kitchen.

No comments: