Monday, November 20, 2006

My finger is all owie

Review time again.

Wish it wasn't because I'm really not feeling "it" today. Whatever it is. Had it just the other day, you know, and now I'm just suffering from the blahs. No real reason, everything's going pretty fine, just everything also feels a bit out of sync. It's just I'm struggling today to push my way through the fog and put words on paper, so to speak. Too easy to get distracted. Not cracking the whip and getting shit done. And, dammit, I'm pissed at myself. Looking over my output from last week there's precious little that I think is actually worth a damn. All those days when I can hardly find the time to find a place for everything in my head and I'm finding the big posts are going unwritten. The important stuff, the good stuff, is just sitting on my hard drives collecting dust as I dick around with the petty stuff. Well, fuck, that's not what I set out to do. I know I'm not the greatest around, I know that succeeding at this blogging thing is going to take more than a little time, but I guess I thought I'd be getting better by this point not worse.

I mean, the only thing that saved me from posting less today than I ever have was a few things I've had kicking around and some real reaching. Just blah. Not very happy with myself at the moment, obviously.

But don't worry about me, though. When things get a bit rough that's not when I call it a day (Now, when things get a lot rough, well...). No, that's when I get motivated to get. shit. done. There's a good post in me today and I don't care if it's going to take me all night to claw it out, it's getting written. Been a while since I pulled an all-nighter, anyway.

So tomorrow I'm either going to be exhausted or have a lot of stuff to put up. Either way, should be value for your entertainment dollar.

Outlook: Inching towards the abyss once again. Not really sure why.

[1] - 15 minutes, give or take, total. Spelling has gone to shit, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, dude - dudette?

You probably don't want advice but I have been where you are, many times, and I feel it's important to remember that MONDAY SUCKS. Never take seriously how you feel on a Monday, it'll be all change again by Friday, or maybe even Tuesday. Also it's November. Once the light starts coming back around 3rd week of December, we're kickin'. Right, I'm off now to read your novel on that crazy website.....

Hang in,
Marni (Oeillade off NaNoWriMo) :o)

Sausaletus Rex said...

As I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, advice is always welcome. Especially when it's correct. Because, I agree, things will turn around (And I certainly don't mean to cause any alarm or anything of the sort, like anyone I have good days and bad days.), it's just I was so unmotivated yesterday (And, really, the day before, I just had a backlog of stuff to burn through). Probably seasonal affective disorder or the approaching dread of family gatherings during the holidays or something else to write through, I guess. I am, too, I'm just not producing anything I'm particularly proud of at the moment. Lots of half-finished posts and page after page of drivel I'm going to have to delete from my novel, that sort of thing. We'll see how it goes tonight but thank you, in any event, for the kind words.