Sunday, November 19, 2006

Embeding Video in Blogger

Since this took me like fifteen minutes to figure out (And I'm still not sure it's working right) I’m going to pass it on. In YouTube embeds (and there's something similar in every other video service I’ve seen) like this:


[object width="425" height="350"][param name="movie" value="(html link)"][param name="wmode" value="transparent"][embed src="(html link)" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"][/object]


There are two tags - [param] and [embed] (replace the [ with <, by the way) and both need to be closed for the meshugena thing to work.

Oh, is it that easy, you say? Well, no, because flipping back and forth from the "compose" to "edit html" (and vice versa) apparently messes things up - for more than just embeding video, of course. At least for me using the latest version of Firefox, anyway. So, simply put don’t put the /] or [/embed], [/param] in or otherwise close the tags until you’re ready to hit “Publish”. It’s all down to xHTML vs HTML and oh my god I actually understood some of that. I need to go get a great big drink now…

No comments: