Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh, For the Days of the $5 Work Day

If you’ll excuse me I’ll be huddling under my blanket praying for the storm to pass and the sun to shine again. Have a look at the skies for yourself but don’t say I didn’t warn you:

Ford to Borrow $18bn

The latest chapter in the Rise and Fall of the Detroit Empire or just what it’s going to take to find the Way Forward?

Perhaps not the biggest news as my nation continues to transition to whatever a post-Industrial economy looks like. But, well, it’s got more than a few people from where I’m from concerned. I think, for me, it’s struck home that there is a very real possibility now that the almighty Ford Motor Company might very well go under. Or at least into receivership. This is scary, scary stuff. On any number of levels. As the initial investor reaction seems to attest. And, as always, only time will tell exactly what’s going to happen.

No comments: