Friday, November 24, 2006

…and We’re Back

Well, had a lovely holiday myself so I hope the rest of yours went fine. Taking a break seems to have done me a world of good. As I’m more than anxious to get back to teh blogger at this point. However, things are probably going to be a bit light around here as I’m making the final push to get my novel done as we speak. I refuse to be bested by the blank page, after all, and I’m confident that if I can just sit down and write and write and write I can just ease over the finish line by the closing bell. Not going to be a great work of literature or anything but, then, it never was so I’m off to the dungeon to claw that novel out of me if it takes me the rest of the week. 50,000 here I come cuz my sentences will run but I never shall!

I’ve learned that promising to post something is the surest way of not getting it written so no promises about what’s going to go up in the next few days. We’re just going to chillax and let things happen as they develop. Some people call it a mature philosophical policy that recognizes the fundamental uncertainty and impredictability of the universal stream and our place as mere flotsam in it. Others call it lazy. Hopefully, I’ll come to call it “realistic”. But, if you really want to know what's tumbling about in the old brainpan, well...

Current research material:

  • Elwood Reid
  • Neal Stephenson
  • Electronics catalogs
  • Michael Richards
  • Performance Artists
  • New X-Men #32
  • MMOs
  • Game Theory
  • A.L.F. (in non-pog form)
Outlook: Plenty of leftovers in the fridge, again. Plenty of things on my mind, again. Feeling the love, again. Yep, things are trending upwards. Again.

[1] – Bang on fifteen minutes there. Had a few false starts, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.