Sunday, November 12, 2006

Let's Review

Having never had a diary before - not that I have anything against them, it's just a pencil was never fast enough to keep up with me and capture my word thoughts on paper - I'm still a little unsure about this whole "talk to yourself and leave a permanent record" thing. So, as it's nearing midnight as I type this on Day One of the all-new, all-different era of personally being a blogger, let's take time out to review what we've done (And see just how quickly we can write one of these things from scratch while tired and distracted...[1]).

Looking over things we are well amused, if nothing else. Rolled the dice on this whole thing this afternoon and in a few short hours have made several posts. A few of which I'm actually pleased with for now. Also, made several comments around the internet in the past few days that I never would have had the courage to before. Nothing too major, but just trying to get out of my shell and engage with people more. This whole blogging thing is all about teh interactivity they tell me. They being the tiny gnomes running around inside the wires inside my computer that are making all this happen, of course. So, if I want people to interact with me, I have to learn how to play nicely with others. Eh, stranger things have happened.

On the schedule for tomorrow? Well, lots. And I never really like to commit myself to something unless it's a done deal, so let's keep things vague until this blogging thing becomes a habit rather than an aberation. Plus, you know, everything else. But, have a few half-started posts kicking around in my hard drives. And have ideas for a few more. Might even have time to get a few of them up and running around. Potential preview subject to revision as time and interest dictates: Macaca and the Allen campaign vis a vis Democratic control of the Senate, my NaNoWriMo novel (Get a word counter icon dealy? Yes/No?), new paradigm of self-regulating multi-dimensional nodes in social networks replacing the current ideological framework of Clauswitzian nation-states, Class of 3000 TV show, reminiscing of alpha testing video games and other things. Also, write a manifesto, post disclaimers and policies, expand blogroll, settle on layout, figure out how to attract readership, and other blog related details - build infrastructure now, will pay uncertain dividends later on. But, this is costing me nothing but time, so...

Or, you know, crumple up the plan, throw it out the window, and flap my arms until I can fly. Random thought: plans just get in the way.

Outlook is currently cautiously optimistic. Have opened my eyes and seen the world anew yet again. Like what I'm seeing so far, will see what tomorrow brings.

In short, have hit ground running and want to keep legs churning.



[1] - Roughly 20 minutes start to finish, for those keeping track at home, with call it five included minutes of editing and tweaking and obsessive perfectionism. Also came up with at least one more idea for a post and writing that down took an uncertain amount of time, too. Good, but we can do better next time. Also, don't forget, we spent all this time reviewing and revising after the initial post, too...

No comments: