Saturday, October 11, 2008

You Can't Do That, Can You?

Today, I wait in breathless anticipation for the release of the report from the Alaskan ethic committee on the actions of Governor Palin with regards to both Trooper Wooten and his supervisor, Public Safety Commissioner Monegan. Otherwise known as the latest bombshell to drop in the Troopergate affair.

Of course, if I really wanted to read a report about the sorted mess, I could turn to the one released by the McCain campaign. Which... completely exonerates... their Vice Presidential candidate...

Wait, can they do that? Just issue a paper saying that you didn't do anything wrong? Does that really work? Does that really escape notice? I mean, I can't think of anything that screams fire more than getting a bunch of experts to stand in front of something waving their arms and screaming at the top of their lungs that there's no smoke there.

No comments: