Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rex Does Kongai: The Plan Going Forward

Whew. The hour is late and my time draws short. There's light ahead but I'm not sure if it's dawn or the fading embers of sunset. Sorry, I'm a little out of it. I've been going over so many cards and crunching so many numbers that they're all starting to blur together. And I'm still insanely swamped with other things at the moment (Like, say, other projects. And games I'm actually playing.). So if I lapse into incoherent rambling, you'll know why. Actually, given my normal often imitated, never duplicated writing style, you probably won't. We're still driving forward to complete this project and although it's causing me a lot of headpain and heartaches, I think I'm within striking distance. Taking a day off, as it were, to forget the fluff and concentrate on the crunchy bits seems to have paid off. I've had more time today to fill in the blanks and press forward with refining those bars I churned out yesterday.

Today, I should have put up the next post for both the Necros and the Psychos. In the works is a ground-shaking Patch that's going to alter things going forward. At the moment, I'm flipping between writing this and looking over the items which I hope to deal with tomorrow. I think the bars for the Neckers and Psykers are approaching the point where I can finalize them enough to slot them into the Compendium even though they need some final tweaks and changes here and there. A final going over with, perhaps, another post and they should be close enough that I can consider them done. Not finished, say, because a work is never finished, its creator has just walked away. And walking away is really what I feel like doing now, let me tell you.

But if I can slap those bars around enough that just leaves the non-crunchy stuff. The flavor. Backstories and appearances and all that other fun stuff that, you know, I actually like. Perhaps a final patch and a last goings over of all the cards and that would be that. I only have the rest of tonight, tomorrow, and the next day to get it done so I'm going to be racing against the clock as well as struggling with my day planner. But it's possible. Wise? Maybe not. But it sure is fun.

Hope you've been enjoying things, too, and keep the feedback coming. It might not look like it but it helps. There's a reason why games are tested by people other than their makers, of course. Those players, those people who've been giving me some notes, they spot the things I'd never notice on my own and raise the points that I might never have considered. And, even if they don't, they force me to take a step back and consider what I'm doing and that's usually helpful enough it its own right.

At the moment, though, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and, for once, I'm pretty sure it's not an oncoming train. Almost done so, if you'll excuse me, I've just thought of a new item or twelve I want to jot down.

No comments: