Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rex Does Kongai: Where We Are Now

The latest patch is out. The last post for each of the final two groups has gone live. I've even taken the time to update the Compendium with the latest information, finally including both the Necros and the Psychos. I am, obviously, done for the night.

But, with only a day left the question is, where are we left? I think, as of the latest update that I'm reasonably pleased with the cards I've made so far. They're not perfect but they're not bad for being rapidly produced over the past few frantic weeks. I could make them better, if I had a little more time. But I could also spend hours agonizing just to leave them alone. They're done enough that I can consider them complete.

This project isn't finished, though, since I still have a few loose ends to tie up. I've got a few final adjustments to make beforehand but I'm just about ready to push the finalized items out as well. All 26 of them that I've been patiently working on this whole time. After that, I think, all that's left are the finishing touches. Appearances, backstories, summaries, and everything else I've missed so far.

One thing I'll need, if I want to do this right, are the Strengths and Weaknesses. If you look at the card album on the Kongai site, you'll see that each character gets an entry, a brief description that's more hype than helpful, and a list of that character's strengths along with their weaknesses. And this is where you can help me out since it's the sort of thing that's hard to judge for myself. I've been working on these cards so closely for the past few weeks, after all. And what I know is how they should work, what they've been designed to do. But, what I'm not so sure about is what they're actually doing – knowing what I meant to do blinds me, in so many words, to what I've actually done. So, take a look over the cards, if you will, and tell me what you think their card album blurbs should be. What's good about that card, what's not, how can you use them and how can you defeat them. And let me know.

Or not. You know, whatever.

It'll be a lot of work but I think it's manageable. Add to that one last look at the cards and, perhaps, a few last minute tweaks and that, I think, would be enough for me to consider this project complete.

It's have to wait until tomorrow, though, because right now I'm incredibly tired.

No comments: