Friday, September 7, 2007

NFL: The Lions Roar?

Three are people out there optimistic about the upcoming Lions season. I'm not one of them. And I'm not saying that because, for some odd reason, the Michigan Wolverine football program that I do so love to follow has, inexplicably, decided not to play this season, leaving a gaping hole in my heart where some actually decent football should be. I mean, I was all set to watch them play Appalachian State until I found out it wasn't going to be televised. But since then, UofM has just dropped off the earth. It's like that Saturday never happened. For me, anyway.


I wish I could twist my perception of reality enough to similarly banish the specter of another season of the Honolulu Blues to a far-off distant neverland where all the bad things don't happen. But I just can't because their level of suck is just too great. It creates its own reality distorting field which interferes with my own. And apparently warps the minds of seemingly rational people into believing that this team can be anything other than staggeringly bad again.


I don't care about the schedule, I don't want to hear about the Mike Martz installed offense, I'm not even talking about the chances of a team with John Kitna under center, all I care about is the fact that Millen is still the GM. To everyone who seems to have ignored this basic fact, all I have to say is the following: Have you learned nothing from the past seven years of misdirection and heartache? Honestly? Can you actually manage to scrape together some hope that, somehow, things are going to be different this year? You aren't a fan, you're a battered spouses, making excuses for why your face keeps running into the doorknob.

No comments: