Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wolverines Blogging: They Keep Pulling Me Back In

It's very hard to continue to assert my own version of reality. A happier place where there is no Michigan football season (One, sadly, not far from the truth given the level of play demonstrated so far. Some imaginative people have describe these fictional games to me and I was mildly amused if taken back by how viciously they've savaged my beloved Wolverines who are merely taking a year's sabatical.). Being reminded that I'm making the signal for a dream sequence on a daily basis isn't helping. I just cannot escape it. The collapse of the Michigan season just isn't a sports story anymore. It's not just fodder for late night jokes. It's everywhere, mentioned, referenced anywhere I turn. Why, it's enough to get me to break my own sabbatical from bloggeration.

As to the point made by Mr. Yglessias, and the post he links to which sparked it all. Not sure I entirely agree with it but it's an interesting one.

Of course, it's a lot easier to look at what's wrong with the college football system now that my team is losing, isn't it?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm approaching sobriety and that's just something I can't have if I'm going to continue to ignore this sad state of events.

No comments: