Friday, September 7, 2007

GW:EN Sneak Peak: Figuring Out Hard Mode

My first forays into Hard Mode were spectacular failures. That's because I was expecting something new, something different, rather than the same mobs and spawns on steroids. It's the same places, the same faces, they just hit (and run and cast) much faster. As such, the name of the game is mitigation. Prot Spirit has long been my best friend. Now we're talking about moving in together. Haven't quite pieced together what's going to work best but that's the key, I think. Prot, Shelter, whatever works, just make sure the damage totals don't get too high, and clean up what slips through, then grind the enemy to dust with whatever offense is best suited for that area. I imagine some kind of proactive disruption is going to be similarly important, though.

No comments: