Tuesday, September 18, 2007

NFL: Around the League

The Falcons continue to make a mockery of my tentative support, sucking hard and often. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but Harrington has...not looked good.


New Orleans, another fashionable pick heading into the season, has also crashed back to earth after their miracle year last season. Inevitable but still sad to see America's real team struggle just like its city.


San Diego isn't looking too good now, are they? After all their bluster they don't have much to show for themselves. Not many points out of that vaunted offense - they barely managed to beat Chicago in Week 1 and they got drubbed by the Pats.


Green Bay sits atop the Central Division, the old black and blue, along with the Lions. Their undefeated 2-0 record seems to have revived Brett Farve's fortunes or at least sportswriters hankering to latch themselves onto his jockstrap with high powered suction.


Janikowski cost the Raiders another game (I'd say his blown field goals cost them a lot of momentum against the Lions last week) after getting iced at Mile High Stadium. Remember, they spent a first round pick on the guy.



And Philly bombed on Monday Night. They're 2-0 and looking none too fierce. Next up is the roar of the undefeated Detroit. Could there actually be a reason to get up for a Lions game. It's...it's been so long, I'm not sure I remember how. But, I suspect the answer involves a lot of drinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remembering something I was going to ask you a while back and forgot... You seem to be a big football guy, are you playing on any fantasy leagues this year?

Sausaletus Rex said...

I've actually never been involved in a fantasy league. Suppose I could be tempted if the right offer came along, but, really, my fantasy football is playing Madden.