Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rhythm Is

While I was back in the homelands this weekend, I actually got into a conversation with someone about Detroit techno and how it sucked compared to the European scene, especially compared to the halycon days of my youth. And, here, today, I was trying to fill up the empty spaces with some radio and what do I hear but Kevin Saunderson talking about the same thing. One of those weird things. MP3 of the show isn't up yet but it should be eventually.

Anyhow, a trip to the classic past of the Detroit sound with one of my favorites that's oddly timely today. Derrick May's Strings of Life:




Ah, that takes me back. Don't recognize the game but, ten, fifteen years ago, this was me. Put on some Mays or Saunderson and throw it down in Doom or Quake or Warcraft. Good times but, man, is that a depressing song in all the right ways today.

No comments: