Sunday, October 28, 2007

Guild Wars: Accomplishment

Gamer Points check. 4.1k. And some change.

That's right, my skills are no longer pro and are, in fact, related to numchuckery.

More importantly, I have invested massive amounts of time into discovering the secret of the waterfall VIP lounge.

Pics or it didn't happen:


I know, awful and I should have cropped or picked a better angle or something but keep in mind, I'm really really sick at the moment.

Yep, female Ranger. It's a fetish. That's about all I played today. Did enough fooling around with the different sets yesterday, today, I went with my favorite. I have a feeling if I could figure out how to play the Monk or Rit builds, they'd be pretty good and probably a lot more valuable - everyone and their brother is on a Ranger today, it seems - as they can be really annoying to play against in the right hands but I like to kill stuff.

You also get a bit of a look at the weird HUD I'm rocking at the moment. It's a bit of a work in progress but the idea is to eventually set the skills at set health amounts - like 80%, 50%, and so on, and then use the little icons in the lower left for the same with the enemy's health bar. The health and energy bars are vertical in order to give me a sense when it's falling that it might be time to bug out before it drops completely. All the important information is crowded along the top in line with the theory that you have better peripheral vision below your line of sight than you do above it - this way when I'm checking out my skills or health or the mini-maps, I'm also noticing the field instead of tuning it out. Oh, yeah, and huge mini-map. Huge as I can stand it.

Now, of course, I just need another 3k to properly represent my mad skillz. That's something like 400 more wins, though, so, yeah. But my goal is to get 100 wins this weekend. And I'm well on my way there. If I hit that then I want to get a full stack of the trick or treat bags which is 250 wins (More, actually, since i accidentally deleted a few.) and insane but there it is.

Oh, the waterfall? It's not actually hard, there's just a glitch where if you stand in the right spot, near the side of the waterfall, and click past the line of guards you get to a place you're not supposed to be. I find it easiest to stand directly in the middle a few paces away from the guards and then click on the waterfall on the left side. You'll path to the glitch and warp to behind the guards although you can get there in other ways, too.

No comments: