Sunday, October 14, 2007

Patton-esque

Finally, the week of hell is over. I had four tests, some work assignments, and some other personal issues we won't be talking about to get done all while trying to get my novel outlined and ready to go for the first. Not to mention the sudden switch from swelteringly hot to witch tit cold almost overnight which seems to have brought a particularly virulent strain of the Red Death to my door along with it. Then, of course, the NaNo site manages to get over its crippling case of the slows and I've been swept up in catching up on all the craziness I've missed and all the excitement as the few, the proud, and the stark raving mad count down to the 1st of Novemeber - when the fun doesn't start, but the race sure does. I'm hoping to get into at least the 100k Club this year and, as I said, I've tried to at least put something down for my planned novel every day, come rain or come shine, just to get into the flow of writing about it daily. So, yes, I've been busy, I've been sick, and I've been terribly remiss in blogging because I've also been very, very lazy. Today, though, I woke up with almost nothing to do, an amazing rarity. There's not even a Lions game today although given how they've been playing for the last few weeks, that's probably a good thing. Hopefully, I'll have a little more time now and a little more energy to kick some stuff out as we approach a few milestones around here. We're coming up on post #1000 soon and, hopefully afterwards, our first year blogoversary. As always, I tend to go in fits and starts around here, posting a ton one week and going silent the next but I think that's just how I roll. Anyway, sorry for the unexplained leave of absence, again, and should be better now.

No comments: