Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blogger Needs Soup Badly

I woke up this morning with a massive cold. Also, half my electronic devices were convinced it was daylight savings time while the other half weren't. Needless to say, my entire head swimming in a bowl of mucus didn't help matters.

Fortunately, people playing the Costume Brawl are so bad that this hasn't really hurt my winning percentage. Kinda hard to keep playing when I break down into fits of coughing, though.

Anyhow, at the moment, I'm fleshing out some thoughts I jotted down over the past day or so of playing. And settling in to watch Detroit take on Chicago. This is, surprisingly, a really important game. The Lions beat the Bears last time around but only on the strength of an amazing 34 point 4th quarter. The rest of the game they scored a measly 3 points. That was Michigan Man Griese's (Who gets infinite credit with me because of the undefeated '97 season.) first game. He's gotten a lot less rusty since. But the Lions actually come in with the better record, 4-3 to the Bear's 3-4. If the Lions win, on the road at Soldier Field, not only have they legitimized themselves but they also put some distance between the two in the division race. It'll also be the highest win total of the Millen error, I mean era. And the Bears will be 3-5 and in trouble instead of 4-4 at the midway point of the season. I don't know, going into this game. Detroit has been really up and down this season - like the best impressions of the Wayne Fontes era, winning when they shouldn't and losing bad when they should win easy - but I suspect they'll be up for this game. The Bears' defense has not looked particularly impressive while the Lions have been rounding into form, so I think if they can get up early - always a threat with their circus show offense - they might just pull this one out.

Update: It's now almost the half and the Lions are up 10-0. I'm starting to feel cautiously optimistic.

No comments: