Friday, October 26, 2007

Guild Wars: I Want My Numchucks

Gamer Point check. Heading into the weekend's event I have 3.578k points putting me just over 400 away from r3. Assuming you get decent points for a win in the Halloween Bash, that's certainly doable.

Some other random ranks, while I'm at it.

Lucky track - 128.
Unlucky track - 108.

Yeah, I don't care much for the boardwalk games or for sinking thousands of gold into getting a useless title. Now, dozens of hours of game play for some street cred, on the other hand...

Luxon track - 10k
Kurzick track - 34k

The sad part here is I've earned nearly 100k in both Factions on my account, I just happened to do it before the alleigence tracks went in so I don't get any credit for them.

Gladiator track - 42

I thought I had a lot more than that. Oh, how I rue all those 9 game win streaks broken upon the shoal of a lame counter. Again, I'd have a lot more if glad points were in around the time of retail release. Like, at least a few hundred more. Of the original, 10 wins at a time kind. Not sure what that works out to now.

Same deal with champ points. I'd have earned them when the game came out. And when they were put in they were capped higher - something like 1500 rank needed - so I've got none.

Fame track - 285

Fame was in at the game's release and I earned roughly 250 of that total during one epic Hall hold that still didn't net me a sigil. As you might tell, I haven't been back much since.


Ron Burgandy track - 1

That's right, I've got one, count 'em one, maxed out title. Which one? I'll never tell...

Just for shits and giggles, here's how some of the PvE, individual character ranks look.

My highest Pathfinders - tends to be my Warrior although it's my Sin in Cantha - are only 5~10% away from the max, Grand Cartographer in the various campaigns excluding the recent expansion.

My best Protector, my Monk, is only a mission or two away from max in each campaign. Generally, it's the really hard, timed missions like Shiro or Varesh or THK that I haven't gotten yet. I have a few points in Guardian or the HM equivalent, too, but nowhere near complete. Others are close while Cantha seems to be the campaign I have the most problems with - it's those timed missions that were hard to get done with henchies, running them with Heroes again would probably give me better results.

My best Skill Hunter, my Warrior again, needs about 40 elites to finish off Prophesies. Since he was the first character to make it past ascension he ran around collecting elites for PvP play for me so he's got a lot of odd junk like IW or Tainted Flesh. The other campaigns are much, much lower as I was much better about spreading that kind of thing around but they also include duplicates from the Core skills so it's really not all that bad. If I ever felt like dumping a few hundred plat into maxing out a title, I could get it done.

We'll put that on the list after - deck everyone out in 60k armor and stud my heroes with runes.

My totals when it comes to Wisdom and Treasure Hunting are pathetically low since I have awful luck when it comes to chests as well as selling my crap off. So I think keys and picks are a semi-pointless gold sink that I regularly do without. Still hasn't kept me from amassing a pile of keys in my inventory, though.

Thanks to impatient grinding my characters are all around the r8 or 7.5k mark for Sunspear and r4 or 3k for Lightbringer. HM fast farming by worm ftw.

Only my Monk's spent any appreciable time in the frozen north, during the preview weekend, and her GW:EN ranks are r3 at 11.2k for the Norn, r1 at 3.6 for the Dwarves, and 600 measly points for the Vanguard which doesn't rank but like the others is within striking distance of the next plateau. Mastery of the North points are at 63.

So, yes, if you get the feeling that I don't tend to play a lot or, at least, not in a way that's very conducive to racking up title track points, you'd be right. Really, not why I play the game at all, although, in retrospect, the way I play does make it rather hard to point to any meaningful accomplishments. But, that's okay. Because those? They're all safely locked up in my head.

No comments: