Monday, October 1, 2007

I Have A Robe And Fuzzy Slippers, I Shall Be Wearing Them Soon

Ah, back in the groove at the moment. Feeling pretty good about last month, all told. Finishing off that script was a slog but I did it and I feel good that I stuck through it enough to perservere. Wish I'd been able to keep up with some other things while doing so but, hey, I'm not perfect.

This month's project is gearing up for NaNo. No big huge scripts or other projects to busy myself with, I just want to get into a good writing flow, get used to prose again, maybe write a short story or two. But mostly just work on my story document. My outline, my notes, the preplanning leading up to the event, whatever you want to call it. Because I've got plans. I've been building to this for a while now.

My classes are in full gear, too. It was easy enough to ignore them in the beginning when we were going over the introductory material. But I've skimped enough on studying and homework that I'm falling behind and starting to suffer the consequences now.

All of which to say that I'm probably going to be taking it easy this month. Not sure exactly how the posting's going to go. But I know that I'm not going to be too obsessed with it as I ready for next month and more. As I stop trying to pull myself in five or six directions at once and start focusing down.

But Novemember should be a big month as I intend to hit the ground running with NaNo. And, incidentally, as this site approaches its first anniversary. For now, though, it's all about getting there with my sanity intact.

No comments: