Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bugger

Alright, here's the deal. This weekend is the final one before November starts and the NaNo madness starts. I was hoping to get some writing done, firm up my plot summaries, and work on that backlog I've been neglecting. Oh, and play a buttload of Guild Wars for the whole Halloween event. And maybe, just maybe, get over the whole dog crisis.

But the late update out of my ancestral lands brought news of a snag along with a report that the dog was still bad but steadily improving. Fingers still firmly crossed but while she needs a lot of help she seems to be on the mend and, well, we're not going to have to decide whether or not to put her to sleep over the weekend like we were dreading.

However, my mother was planning to head to the family cottage with my grandmother and sister this weekend to close it up for the winter. It's been in the works for a while but with everything going on it's sort of been beneath our notice. And now, my mother is understandably reluctant to leave the dog over the weekend. My sister (No, not that one, yeah, that other one.), who was the real driving force behind putting the trip together is in a similar place. The dog is too sick and things could still go too wrong to be too far away from her.

But we really do need to get up to the cottage and get it closed up. So, the current thinking is that I might just be taking their place and traveling with my grandmother for a weekend trip. Maybe a little longer with my flexible scheduling and all. But that, of course, throws all my plans into chaos. Which sucks for me but the family is in crisis mode and, you know, I'm obligated to help out where I can. In the grand scheme of things, getting away from my computer for a few days and spending some time with a notebook and my own thoughts isn't such a big price to pay.

So, anyways, my plans are currently in limbo and I have no idea what I'm doing. This is not exactly an unusual state but since I have a habit of disappearing from the virtual world without warning that I'd like to kick, I thought I'd let you know that I might be dropping off the grid this weekend.

No comments: