Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Cake is a Lie

You know, I will always remember, I won't forget, the tiny piece of wood that he licked.

I will apparently not remember to update in a timely and consistent fashion. Sigh, I fail at the internets. I don't know, maybe it's anxiety about the looming 1k posts mark or something but I just cannot seem to post lately. It's not like I don't mean to, I sit down with an idea or two, fully intending to tease it out into the rambling, tangential dissertation for which I'm known but my heart's not in it. I stare at th clock, surf some links, play a flash game or three, whatever, until the time I've set aside for blogging is gone and it's time to move on to something else. Just don't get it.

Anyhow, today I managed to squeeze something out of my mental constipation but, well, I'm still not exactly pleased at my output lately. And still a lot of things I'd like to say that I've run out of time and energy to work on. Maybe I'll get to them tomorrow, but judging by recent history, I probably won't.

Or maybe I'm just juggling too many projects. In addition to preparing my sprawling outline for my national month of novel writing (Up to 75k now. I...am sick.), I'm trying to finish off the short stories I've been working on as a NaNo warm up. They're going alright but I think switching between narrative realities too much is hurting them. And me. Just drained. Oh and there's class and work and I'm trying to build up a backlog of posts so this site doesn't go dark for the entirity of November. I seriously need to switch to the 28 hour day or something because just not enough daylight to do everything I want. And it seems I'd rather sit around and do nothing instead of pick something, anything, and running with it.

No comments: