Monday, April 9, 2007

This is Not What is Meant By April Showers

It was barely above the 30s today. It's supposed to snow within the next few days. After that brief flirtation with glorious Spring, it seems the calender has been pushed ahead to August. Because, really, this weather feels like mid-Fall not early Spring. It's playing havoc with my still lingering cold – I have a persistent, hacking, phlegm-filled cough that just will not go away to go along with the normal symptoms. This would be fine for a day or two, but it's going on two weeks now, I'm a bit sick of being, well, sick.


Anyhow, my Easter plans kinda fell through this year. I wound up grabbing way too much ham at the last moment and throwing together a quick dinner for myself and a few close associates but, generally, like most holidays Easter is a time for family in the Rex household. But this year there was no Sunday brunch, no gathering of the clan, no taken Grandma and her resplendent Easter bonnet off to church. For the first time I can remember, I didn't even dye an egg. About the only tradition I kept was receiving a bunch of candy. Which, you know, given how my pants are fitting lately is about the last thing I need.


I've been wanting to get out there and do some jogging but what with the weather and being sick and all, I really don't feel like it.


On the other hand, I did manage to get in some more Sealed Play this weekend. It's, as promised, pretty damn fun n matter whom I've played with. I've been thinking about it a bit lately, obviously, and hopefully, I'll have some stuff to say about it tomorrow. But, for now, it's time to call it a night.


Oh, editing the CT stuff is proceeding apace. At this point, we're running into my perfectionist streak – I've spent enough time on it that everything has to be perfect now. I have a feeling the only way I'm going to get this done is by reverting back to some earlier, simpler, sloppier version and just hammering it out.

No comments: