Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Grab 8? Time to Go!

One of the interesting things about XoO is their history of so-called “grab eight and go.” The idea is, basically, having a detailed intricate build doesn't matter so much as having good players who know their roles and individual builds. So, you get a bunch of people in a guild hall, each of them bringing whatever character they want, and then you just grab enough of them to make a well-rounded team and you go. It's a good place to practice new roles or even try GvG if you haven't before. They've been trying to bring it back recently and, well, I don't want to miss out so I'm about to head in game.


The repercussions of the skill rebalancing bomb are still being felt, however. Lots of interesting changes and it covers pretty much all of the commonly voiced (and not eyes rotating counterclockwise crazy) complaints recently. It's, you know, great.


Also, word is we're going to be getting more storage which I, for one, welcome with open arms. Maybe I can get away with deleting my mule now. Or maybe I'll just fill it up with more random crap and complain that we need yet more space.


And I'm slowly but surely working my way through the CT match reporting I've done – there's official versions up at the official site now – but it's going to take me some time, obviously, before everything's neatened up and ready for prime-time.


Other things before I head out. Looks like some others noticed the disparity between Democratic and Repulican candidates this money primary. And there's plenty of craziness what with the release of British sailors being greeted as a bad thing or how the right is treating Mrs. Pelosi's Syrian negotiations but, you know, I feel like killing some pixels. See you tomorrow.

No comments: