Monday, April 2, 2007

I Have Not Yet Begun To Type

The monster is done. Whew, I actually managed to watch and chronicle all the Celestial Tournament matches over the weekend. I still want to go over it and clean up everything, try to catch the typos, throw in some links, that sort of thing, but right now I'm taking a bit of a break to recover.

It seems like my suspicion that there was going to be a lot of movement following the tournament is correct. Lots of people are looking for a new guild. Or thinking about leaving their guild. Or not happy with their current situation in some way. Just how it goes, I guess. It's not the only current in the air but I've been talking to a lot of people over the weekend and it seems some shuffling is in the works.

The wildcard is, of course, the Celestial Tournament which, as pal Calamatius beat me to saying, we'll hear about "very soon". Whatever that means. Judging by past experience, I'm guessing some time by the end of May. But, from what we knew about the system before it was delayed part of the deal was you couldn't participate in the tournament unless you'd been with your current guild for 30 days. It's partly to avoid mercenary work but also, I imagine, because for whatever reason the developers don't like how guilds form and split up like serious relationships at a Swinger's Convention. Depending on when the ATs go live, if that's still the case, anyone who decides to move now could be left out in the cold. I mentioned it before but I'd hope there's some sort of grace period.

No comments: