Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Script Frenzy: I'm In

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to take part in this year's Frenzy. As before, I'm worried that I just won't have the time to do it properly. It's not like I need another drain on my energy and focus at the moment, after all.

But that's the excuse. The spirit of the Frenzy, the genetic impression it inherits from NaNo from which it descends, is about putting the reasons why you shouldn't aside and concentrating on why you should. It's about losing the inhibitions, the reservations, that keep us from trying.

And if there's one thing I could really use right now it's a reminder that I don't have to listen to that nagging little voice telling me that I can't. Reminding me constantly that I don't have what it takes, I never did, I never will. That I might as well not bother because there's no point. No hope. Nothing. Nothing at all to gain. Just give up. Sink in. Slip away, one second at a time.

At the moment, I'd rather pay attention to that trembling quiet whisper telling me that, you know, yeah, I can.

Of course, now i need to find an idea for a script.

No comments: