Thursday, May 8, 2008

NHL Blogging: Cephalopod Dreams

I'm off for the night to watch the opening of the Wings/Stars series but I'm posting this in the past through the magic of the future!

I like the Red Wings' chances here. Tonight might be a little rough thanks to the layoff - the Wings were playing so well and now they have to get back into that groove while the Stars have been playing and in game rhythm. But the Wings have absolutely beat up former Wolverine Marty Turco in the past and I see no reason for that to change in the present. I'm a little less unsettled after seeing that Detroit is a nearly unanimous choice of all the pundits to advance - that's never a good sign.

But at least we'll have Grapes on national television so my fellow yanks can get a glimpse into the madness of the Great White North. Sadly no Mickey Redmond, though. But now that the octopus swing is back it seems like everything's coming together.

No comments: