Monday, May 5, 2008

Kongai: Server Pros

The servers have migrated. I liked the little "back in five hours" graphic they had up in the meantime that I manged to see early this morning - so they apparently took a bit longer than the planned 6 hours. But it's all to the good since they're back up and the site appears to be working much better now. Kongai, at least, is running much smoother and I can actually get through a game without feeling like someone's driving a rusty nail into the side of my skull. It's time to start playing again.

Unfortunately, I seem to be one of the very few who feel that way. The game's lobby has been dead quiet all day. No more than a handful of people most of whom, like me, are idling away. I did manage to have a very nice match where, again, I used Juju to good effect in pulling another random all-stars upset. But matches have been few and far between. I don't get it, really.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Congratulations on winning Frenzy!

My Frenzy attempt hit a snag and I ended up working on something else, but I'm cool with that. Progress is progress.

Perhaps I'll re-take the challenge next year or dive in for NaNoWriMo.

Anyway, to raise awareness of the server upgrades, I made a post in my Kongai FAQ and am about to post a comment in the game comments. Hopefully that helps.

Excellent work on the card list, btw. I'll be doing some FAQ coverage on it soon, because damn, it blood deserves it.

The people must know!

Shall I refer to you as "Sausaletus Rex, the Prolific", "Sausaletus Rex, Script Frenzy Champion", or as [name of your choice, Kongai character card-style, here]?

;)

Let me know!

- Bruce

Sausaletus Rex said...

Thanks. I pretty much won the frenzy the first week so it's not like it was in doubt but, you know, I'm pleased that I came very close to my personally set overly ambitious goals as well. Would have liked to have reached them as well but, really, 500 pages in a month is a bit much, even for me.

As for the title, you can call me Maurice, the Gangster of Love for all I care. Titles are like nicknames. Picking your own nickname is that special combination of sad and lame that the Germans probably have a word for. And this is one king who won't crown himself.