Sunday, December 16, 2007

Why Hello Dere

Long time no blog.

I'll save you the traditional rending of garments and wearing of ashen sackcloths. All I can say is that it's been an insanely busy couple of weeks for me. With the holidays coming up it's not promising to be any less hectic in the coming days (I have, for example, absolutely none of my Christmas shopping done.) but it should, at least, be better enough for me to postocassionally.

Not today, of course. No, no, that would be silly. But, you know, eventually I promise to consider, perhaps, the possibility of actually typing something out and submitting it here. Maybe.

Anyhow, I'm about to head off for some gaming since I just got done with shoveling. But I wanted to make this post since, in addition to being really busy, I've had some weird errors related to logging in to Blogger. Something about not having cookies or javascript turned on which is odd, since I have those on all the time. But, now I have decamped to the ancestral homelands of stately Rex manor and everything seems to be fine on this computing machine.

Yes, the clan is gathering at my mothers once again this year and she could use a bit of help getting ready. Considering she broke her hip trying to wash the ceiling by herself a few years ago, I can scarcely refuse. I arrived last night, making the long and arduous twenty minute trek some time after dark, meaning I didn't have to travel through today's massive snowstorm (As my mother said, it's the first big snowfall we've had in a while. I don't think it got this bad at all last year.). But I was here and able-bodied enough to have to shovel it all away for my mother. And a few other old ladies in the neighborhood. I got paid in penny candies, I'm saying. But, you know, I grumble when I really shouldn't.

So, now, having spent a few hours hurling frozen snow around and being chilled to the bone, I have a cup of hot chocolate spiked with a little good whiskey, got me a Reuben on the finest rye, and I'm going to take a little me time.

No comments: