Monday, December 17, 2007

Shuddering With Antici..........Pation

Apparently, I'm not important enough to warrant an advance copy of Liberal Fascism. Which is a shame (I place the blame completely on everyone who has yet to realize my own brilliance rather than any lack thereof on my own part, of course.) since I'm unlikely to read it any other way. As there's no way in hell I'm going to put even the smallest amount of cash in Jonah's pocket. I suppose I could Bryne-steal it but somehow I suspect that rolling in the aisle beset by gales of howling laughter would tip off the bookstore clerks that something was amiss. Really, it's just as well because, were I to actually have a copy I probably wouldn't read much of it anyway. Instead, I'd make a holy artifact of it. Placing it as a shrine, a totem, tacking it outside my door, something, anyway, to harness its powers in service of warding evil spirits away.

But, in any event, it seems that preview copies have been making their way into the hands of those more important and prestigious than I, including more than a few prominent voices in the reality based community. Oh, the glories that shall be unleashed upon the interwebs, the heights of creativity that shall be realized, all in service of smacking down this particularly vile and loathsome tome. I rub my hands together vigorously and await the coming bloodbath with malicious glee.

The reason for all this, of course, is that I've seen my first brief skirmish of the common battles over here. And all I can say is, fascism. Jonah keeps using that word, but I do not think it means what he think it means.

No comments: