Monday, December 24, 2007

Before I Go...

Quick update on the neighbor situation. Talked with a detective today and unless the idiot next door wants to pursue it further or do something else moronic then that will probably be the last of it. I've moved from being upset, from losing sleep over the thought of someone waking me or my loved ones up in the middle of the night, to just being angry about it all. But as much as I'd like to, I think it's best just not to make a big deal of this. Keep it from escalating. Let cooler heads prevail and be the better man by being generous and forgiving. The reports have been filed, the authorities notified and, if it happens again, the hammer will come down. But, for now, time to put it behind me.

I'm about to head off to the annual Christmas Eve party. There's a small gathering of the immediate family before the much larger event tomorrow. With all the festivities I'm not sure I'll be around much. And what with having new toys to play around with or new books to read, I'm not sure that I'll be up to writing much if I am. So, if I don't have a chance to tomorrow, let me just wish anyone fortunate to be reading this the happiest of holidays. Enjoy yourself, your friends, your family, or whatever it is that makes you happy in peace.

No comments: