Wednesday, July 4, 2007

It's Being Brought

Yesterday, the President delivered his latest stunning fuck you to the legal system. Demonstrating, again, his contempt for the rule of law just days before the most patriotic of holidays.


And yesterday I recalled that it was also the anniversary of his infamous quote:


There are some who feel like -- that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring them on. We've got the force necessary to deal with the security situation. [Emphasis mine.]


Possibly not the stupidest thing to pass through out great leader's lips but certainly the one that most encapsulates his boundless arrogance.


Well, I've tried all day to think of an appropriate response. To someone weave the correct words, the properly scathing tone, and the sheer emotional fury wholecloth into a post for the ages. But ever time I've tried to set those words to paper, I've failed miserably. I just can't do it. I lack the will. I lack the talent. I lack the energy to rail once more against the iron wall of indifference and apathy.


But that's okay. Because I'm not the only one who heard the call. And there are some others who are hurling the lightning bolts from the bare reaches of the soul that I just can't manage. Here are some of my favorites:


Mr. Greenwald works the head.


Mr. Horton works the body.


And, as ever, what Digby said.

No comments: