Sunday, July 8, 2007

And We're Not Back

It was a lovely little holiday. Despite my many attempt, I was unable to hook up with any lesbian bike gangs. Even worse, sadly no gourmet burgers at the family picnic. Imagine hand ground meat tenderly sprinkled with a mellow blend of spices. Then take a piece of blue cheese and fold it into the middle of the patty. Now you know why I'm bummed about my uncle being on a health kick. Instead he served “bratwurst burgers” which were premade sausage patties on a bun. The varied abundance of salads brought from all corners by members of the dynasty, though, more than made up for it. I'm talking pasta, wheat berry, pesto, fruit, potato, you name it we probably had it. Even the plain mixed greens came from my cousin's garden and were, thus, about four or five kinds of awesome. I was let loose mixing drinks and while there was no cachaca to make my beloved caipirinhas with, I made do with some rum. As anyone who does but taste of the ambrosia becomes enthralled by the taste, it went over well but I also tossed together some mojitos with some mint plucked from a neighbor's back yard (My uncle said it was okay, they share that sort of thing all the time, but as this is the same man who was showing off the bicycle he “found” leaning against the wall while walking home, I have my doubts. I'm just saying, I think my relative is a dirty, dirty thief.) and even a mint julep or three.


And I stuck around for a bit, did some visiting with some old friends who are still hanging around the U. That sort of thing. I love visiting Ann Arbor. It's so...refreshing. One of these days, I'll wind up living there. Not just yet, even though there's a house for sale (One of the benefits of the burst housing bubble and Pfizer pulling out of the town. One of the very few.) in my uncle's neighborhood. The commute would be a bit much at the moment, and all.


But now I've rolled back home. I did manage to jot a few things down in my laptop – mostly working on various scripts and stories and the like, but I hope to have them up eventually. For the moment, though, well, when I left the weather was nice and mild but it seems to have taken a turn somewhere into the bowels of hell. It's hot, you see. I opened up my door and it was like stepping into an oven. And my crappy AC appears to be on the fritz again, at the moment. I have no desire to do anything but sweat at the moment. And sitting in front of a computer pumping out heat is not exactly what I plan to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to post up some things tomorrow but, if anything, tomorrow's supposed to be even hotter out. I have to do a week's worth of yardwork, too, because I don't want this to happen to me.


So, no promises.

No comments: