Friday, August 1, 2008

Like Patton

I have returned.

It's frightening just how easy it is to go a long time without posting. Miss a day here and there and you get out of the habit and, before you know it, there goes a month or two where you haven't said anything.

Anyhow, I won't bore you with the excuses because, you know, what do you care? Short story short, really busy. Travel and classes and searing heat making it hard to sit down and blog it out.

It's not like I haven't had ideas for posts or even taken a stab at writing them out. I'm never out of ideas, it's always a matter of time. And effort. When I'm trying to jot something down and realizing it's going to take me another couple thousand words to flesh out my ideas to the point where even I know what I'm talking about, and then only having a few minutes before I have to get moving on something else, well, it leads to notes and files full of scraps and pieces and not a lot of production.

Things haven't exactly quieted down but, really, I like blogging and want to get back to it. So we enter yet another brave new era for things around here. I've said it oh so many times before but maybe this time it'll stick for more than a few days.

I'll have to get around to posting some things and going through my sadly small backlog of e-mails and comments. Sigh, one of these days people are going to realize that my frequent disappearances are nothing but a thinly veiled cry for help and react with the cries of alarm and concern that will give me the attention I so desperately crave. But the problem is that I probably won't be around to see it when it happens.

But, yes, I have neglected this place for a time and, because of it, I have some work to do to whip it back into shape. But that's for the future, I'll get around to it in the coming days. For now, I'm tired and it's hot and I'm going back to bed.

No comments: